How we collect information
We will collect information from you if you do any of the following:
· Register to use our website. This will include your name, address, email address and telephone number. We may ask you to provide additional information about your business and preferences on a voluntary basis.
· Place an order for products or services on our website. This will include your name (including business name), address, contact details (including telephone number and email address) and your payment details.
· Complete online forms (including call back requests), take part in surveys, write posts on any message boards, post any blogs, enter competitions or prize draws, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or which we offer you from time to time.
· Provide your contact details when registering to use or access any product or service we provide (including any apps we may offer).
· Contact us offline, for example, by telephone, email or post.
· Visit or browse our website, this will include information about your website or use of our products or services using cookies or similar technologies.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping, including purposes such as auditing.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services, including contacting you for feedback on your use of our products, services or our website.
· We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· If you enter into a prize draw or competition, we may use the information you provide to administer these programmes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Although we do our best to monitor and improve how we protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your own data which is transmitted to our website or other services via an internet or similar connection, and any transmission of data to our site is at your own risk. We do, however, use secure connections in our registration form and any payment pages so please use these pages when providing us with sensitive information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Our website uses web analytics services, including, but not limited to, 'Genie Goals' - a web marketing service provided by Genie Goals which allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online marketing campaigns. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our site, and see how they move around the website and our products and services. This in turn helps us make our service to you a lot better. We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the website that you visited before ours, and the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, product, and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
· If you have previously agrees to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
· If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. You can contact us at the above email address, or at Data Protection Officer, Discount Flooring Depot Ltd, 100 Chapel Walks, Chapel Street, Manchester, M3 5DW. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
· You can request your information at anytime email firstname.lastname@example.org
· We will store your details indefinitely unless you request them to be deleted.
· We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties
Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
· Third party businesses with whom we are collaborating to provide a service to you, so that this service can be provided. For example, if you wish to place an order with us, it will be delivered by a third party courier. That third party may also wish to use your information for other purposes and that third party should inform you of those purposes. We therefore encourage you to read any third party's privacy policies.
· Third parties which supply services to use or which process information on our behalf (for example, payment providers and website hosts, were relevant). These third parties may have incidental access to your information, but we will ensure that they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own purposes.
· Another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate sell or buy) any business or asset.
· Another organisation to whom we transfer our agreement with you.
· With our founders or potential funders, such as our bank and with our professional advisers who have a reasonable need to see it. We may pass collective information about the use of our website or our products or services to third parties, but this will not include information that can be used to identify you. We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
We value your privacy and want you to understand the choices and control you have over your information on Discount Flooring Depot. To help explain those choices and give you that control, we have recently made some changes to Discount Flooring Depot's policies.
· Transparency: We've provided additional details about the information we collect and how we use that information. We've also explained your choices and the control you have over your information.
· GDPR: On May 25th. a new European Union (EU) data protection law, the General Protection Regulation (GDPR), takes effect. The GDPR gives individuals in the EU more control over how their data is used and places certain obligations on businesses that process information of those individuals.
· Functionality: Depending on your location, we may provide you with the ability to access, download, and request deletion of your personal information.
At Discount Flooring Depot, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website.
Discount Flooring Depot may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page when you visit the website to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Discount Flooring Depot Ltd.
100 Chapel Street
Telephone: 0161 641 9996